JFK ASSASSINATION ARGUMENTS
(PART 659)


DAVID G. HEALY SAID:

How is Rosemary [Newton] these days?


DAVID VON PEIN SAID:

She's just fine. In fact, I've talked to her via e-mail on three different occasions very recently (on July 26, August 5, and August 10, 2009).

The most recent conversation I had with Rosemary was regarding a question I wanted to ask Vincent Bugliosi concerning the admissibility vs. inadmissibility in a court of law of Stretcher Bullet CE399. Rosemary faxed Vince my question, but he was out of town at the time. Rosemary's exact words to me were these:


Subject: CE399
Date: 8/10/2009 12:06:46 PM Eastern Daylight Time
From: Rosemary Newton [Vincent Bugliosi's secretary]
To: David Von Pein


------------------------------

Hi Dave,

Vince [Bugliosi] called me yesterday and asked that I let you know that he'll get to your questions in a couple of weeks. He's doing several TV shows (including Larry King) and is going to Canada for a few days for the documentary they're doing on his last book ["The Prosecution Of George W. Bush For Murder"].

I'll be in touch with you to give you the information you wanted. In the meantime, stay cool.

Regards, Rosemary


[EDIT -- Mr. Bugliosi answered my questions on
August 22, 2009. See the link below:]






DAVID HEALY SAID:

Hell, has Vin noticed your USENET efforts yet?


DAVID VON PEIN SAID:

Oh, indeed he has. Here's a sampling....


Subject: Bugliosi Fan
Date: 7/5/2007 9:21:27 PM Eastern Daylight Time
From: Rosemary Newton
To: David Von Pein


------------------------------

Hi Dave,

Thank you for your wonderful e-mail. I just spoke to Vince and he asked me to get your mailing address, if this is okay with you. He seems to think he met you at the museum in Dallas some time ago.

Working for Vince has been an extended education for me. His capacity for logic and common sense is extraordinary. He is, like I said in my response to (what's his name?) oh, yes, David Lifton, that he is a perfectionist and, I might add, deplores incompetence, and does not suffer fools.

I find it unbelievable since I posted (or I should say John McAdams did for me, since I'm a novice at blogging or posting responses) the incredible stupidity regarding this subject. Some of these people really sound psychotic about the Kennedy assassination and they all have different groups doing the horrible act.

Again, thank you, and any help you can give me to respond to these crazies will be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,
Rosemary Newton

==============================================

Subject: DVP Links
Date: 7/13/2007 12:38:00 PM Eastern Daylight Time
From: Rosemary Newton
To: David Von Pein


------------------------------

Hi Dave,

I received your e-mail yesterday. Thank you so much! You really do a remarkable job on this subject. I sent Vince some of the pages which, of course, he appreciated.

Keep up your superb discourse.

Regards,
Rosemary

==============================================

Subject: A Sincere Thanks
Date: 7/18/2007 9:57:23 PM Eastern Daylight Time
From: Rosemary Newton
To: David Von Pein


------------------------------

Hi Dave,

I called Vince today and told him that you received his book which he was happy to hear. Having an inscription written by Vince in a book he authored is, I think, very special. In fact, he came to my house last night to bring work for me and inscribed my book. My grandson will be the inheritor of several of Vince's books which he has inscribed for me.

[...]

He [Vince] did ask me to relay that he would be most appreciative if you continue your excellent work on the internet effectively responding (through common sense, as well as facts) to the JFK conspiracy community. And also to keep him informed of any developments in which you feel would be of interest to him.

Dave, keep up the good work; I am really in awe of the work you did on this subject on the internet.

Best regards,
Rosemary

==============================================

EDIT / INTERJECTION....

DAVID VON PEIN SAID:

Here's the inscription, written by Vincent Bugliosi, that Rosemary spoke of in her July 18, 2007, e-mail to me:

[Quote On:]

To David Von Pein,

Thank you so very much for being in the forefront of defending this book, 'Reclaiming History', from the assaults by all the conspiracy kooks out there. Your articulations in the defense of my book have been brilliant. Keep up the good work.

Thank you also for being such a fan of my work. I hope I never do anything that lets you down.

My very best and warmest personal wishes in all the years ahead.

Vince Bugliosi


[End Quote.]

[PHOTOGRAPH OF INSCRIPTION]

==============================================

Subject: Re: JFK Article That Might Interest Vince
Date: 12/3/2008 12:23:38 PM Eastern Standard Time
From: Rosemary Newton
To: David Von Pein


------------------------------

Hi Dave,

Thanks for sending the DiEugenio article. I'll be sending this to Vince today. And, yes, I remember all too well his name and also his face which has been on TV often enough.

Sometimes I wonder whether logic and common sense has been flushed down the toilet in our society.

Happy holidays to you. Here's hoping there's some snow around in your neck of the woods! Throw a snowball for me and aim it at ignoramuses!!

Rosemary

==============================================

Subject: Re: The "Reclaiming History" HBO Series
Date: 7/26/2009 5:36:30 PM Eastern Daylight Time
From: Rosemary Newton
To: David Von Pein


------------------------------

Hi Dave,

I faxed your e-mail to Vince and he just called to tell me that he is giving the scriptwriter for the HBO special your e-mail address. Hey, Dave, you may be listed on the credits!

Also, Vince told me to thank you for your feedback on the JFK subject.

You mentioned reading an article featuring Bill Paxton. Could you give me the link to this so I can send it on to Vince. I read one online about a year ago that he wrote. It may be the same one you saw. Anyway...thanks again.

Rosemary

==============================================

Subject: Re: Straightening Out James DiEugenio's Nonsense (Again)
Date: 8/5/2009 12:25:03 PM Eastern Daylight Time
From: Rosemary Newton
To: David Von Pein


------------------------------

Hi Dave,

Sorry I didn't answer you sooner, but I spent several days in Las Vegas. It's not as enjoyable as it was in the seventies. .... Anyway, thanks for the "boxing match" between you and DiEugenio. I'll see that Vince gets it.

Stay cool, Rosemary

==============================================

[END E-MAIL EXCERPTS.]

==============================================



DAVID HEALY SAID:

Has he [Vincent Bugliosi] autographed your copy of Reclaiming History, YET?


DAVID VON PEIN SAID:

He did that in 2007 (on two copies). And he wrote a lot more than just his signature on one of the copies too.

David Von Pein
August 17, 2009


==========================


2015 ADDENDUM:


DAVID VON PEIN SAID:

Here are some additional e-mail conversations that I had with Rosemary Newton, starting in December 2009....


Subject: JFK
Date: 12/2/2009 4:24:33 P.M. Eastern Standard Time
From: Rosemary Newton
To: David Von Pein


------------------------------

Hi Dave,

It was great hearing from you again. I faxed Vince your e-mail which I'm sure he'll find interesting. Vince, as you may know has been busy with the documentary that has been made of his latest book. It's due out sometime in February. I'm sure there'll be a great debate, pro and con, regarding the subject matter.

Please keep in touch and have a great holiday season (even though the mood of the country seems to be Bah Humbug).

Regards, Rosemary

==============================================

Subject: The Latest Attacks On Vincent Bugliosi's "Reclaiming History"
Date: 2/27/2010 3:34:09 A.M. Eastern Standard Time
From: David Von Pein
To: Rosemary Newton


------------------------------

Hi Rosemary,

I thought Vince Bugliosi might like to know that another author has written a book attacking "Reclaiming History". It's a book of about 500 pages that was published in December 2009 by Rodger Remington, who is an author I don't think Vince is aware of (because his name is not in the index of "Reclaiming History", nor in the "RH" bibliography).

Remington is an older gentleman, and has actually written four books on the JFK case, dating back to about 2000, with his latest work being titled "BITING THE ELEPHANT: THE WARREN REPORT" (put out by Trafford Publishing Co.).

I've heard it through the grapevine (Jim DiEugenio to be precise) that in that book, which I myself have not read, Remington attempts to knock down all of Vince's "53 pieces of evidence" against Oswald.

And, naturally, the kook named DiEugenio thinks that Remington has done an outstanding job of discrediting virtually all of those 53 items that Vince lays out in "Reclaiming History".

So, I just thought Vince might want to get that book to see what kind of horse manure is being slung by this fellow Remington. And Remington must be pretty high on some kind of fumes in order to be able to totally ignore--or distort--Vincent's ironclad case against Oswald.

Of course, Mr. DiEugenio likes to mangle the evidence too, as we all know. And DiEugenio now has NINE sections to his own anti-Bugliosi review of "RH". All nine parts of DiEugenio's crap can be found here, by the way.

I've done a lot of debunking of some of DiEugenio's anti-VB nonsense, at the link below (I add to this collection of links regularly as well):



And here is the link to Remington's "Elephant" book.

Also:

If Mr. Bugliosi ever feels compelled to write a response to some of his critics regarding the JFK case, and would like to post his remarks on the Internet, I (of course) would be more than happy to post such a response in his name on my own websites (blogs) and on the JFK forums that I routinely visit.

Not that any amount of common sense or logic (or evidence!) will ever sway the conspiracy kooks, but if Vince ever feels he wants to get some thoughts off his chest by writing up some kind of a response to people like DiEugenio or this Remington fellow or Jim Fetzer (who hates Vincent's book with a passion as well) or Bob Groden, et al, I will always be ready and willing to post his comments online--and at every JFK forum I have access to.

Thanks.

Best wishes always,
David Von Pein

==============================================

Subject: Re: The Latest Attacks On Vincent Bugliosi's "Reclaiming History"
Date: 2/27/2010 5:03:03 P.M. Eastern Standard Time
From: Rosemary Newton
To: David Von Pein


------------------------------

Hi Dave,

Once again, I am enlightened (as I'm sure Vince will be). We should all question that Booth assassinated Lincoln, Guiteau assassinated Garfield, and Czolgosz assassinated McKinley. And, of course, that Oswald assassinated Kennedy. All these silly books written on famous assassinations should be burned and new ones like "Biting the Elephant" taught in schools so that future generations will know the truth. History should be accurate, right? Let's all go into the light and get our logical, thinking heads out of the sand (or is it into the sand?).

Regards, Rosemary

==============================================

Subject: DiEugenio
Date: 2/27/2010 6:34:32 P.M. Eastern Standard Time
From: Rosemary Newton
To: David Von Pein


------------------------------

Hi Dave,

Vince just faxed me the following: "Tell David Von Pein that he can quote me as saying: "I thought Jim DiEugenio was a serious person." "

Regards, Rosemary

==============================================

Subject: Re: DiEugenio
Date: 2/27/2010 7:08:56 P.M. Eastern Standard Time
From: David Von Pein
To: Rosemary Newton


------------------------------

Thank you, Rosemary and Vince.

I will.

David V.P.

==============================================

Subject: Mark Lane
Date: 3/5/2010 8:44:26 A.M. Eastern Standard Time
From: David Von Pein
To: Rosemary Newton


------------------------------

Hi Rosemary,

The link at the bottom of this e-mail message contains a short 10-minute audio interview with conspiracy kook Mark Lane. The interview, which took place on March 4, 2010, is one that I thought Vincent Bugliosi would want to hear. (Maybe you can bookmark the link so you can cue it up for Vince the next time he comes to your house, since he doesn't have a computer to access it himself.)

In this brief interview, among other assorted unflattering and laughable comments he makes about Vince B., Mark Lane says that Vincent Bugliosi--are you sitting down?--"knows nothing about the Kennedy assassination".

And this is a guy (Mark Lane) who threatened to sue Bugliosi a few years ago because of the so-called "lies" that Vince said about Lane in "Reclaiming History". It sounds to me as if Vince might be able to turn the tables on Mr. Lane when it comes to slander and/or libel lawsuits.

Can you just imagine the monster-sized gonads it takes to go on an Internet radio program (in the year 2010, three years after "Reclaiming History" was published!) and make the outrageous claim that Vincent Bugliosi "knows nothing about the Kennedy assassination"? It takes some oversized family jewels to do something like that indeed!

Mr. Bugliosi is a person who worked for over 20 years writing the definitive book on the JFK case, and now, three years after that book was released, we hear it from Mark Lane that Vincent "knows nothing" about the JFK case at all!

There oughta be a law on the books to keep such outright nonsense off of the radio (or anywhere else).

In my opinion, what it boils down to is this -- the conspiracy-happy nuts in America (including Mark Lane) are blowing off steam and are getting hotter under the collar with each passing day due to the fact that Tom Hanks and Company are going forward with their "Reclaiming History" Home Box Office mini-series [which was later downsized to the 2013 feature film, "Parkland"]. And the fact that such an "Oswald Did It Alone" movie project is being worked on is simply driving the conspiracy theorists crazy.

And, you know what? I'm loving it! These JFK conspiracy nuts (like Mr. Lane and many others) have had their undeserved moment in the sun for too long. It's time that these charlatans and evidence-manipulators are taken down a peg or two (or 152)!

I say BRAVO to Vincent Bugliosi, Tom Hanks, Bill Paxton, Gary Goetzman, and Home Box Office for bringing the TRUE FACTS of Lee Harvey Oswald's LONE GUILT in the assassination of President John F. Kennedy to the doorsteps of all Americans....which is where that truth should reside--for all time.

And if Mark Lane objects -- that's just tough shit!

Here's the link to Lane's hilarious and ridiculous (but thankfully brief) Internet radio appearance from March 4th, 2010.

Should Mr. Bugliosi want to make any kind of a reply or statement after listening to the above-linked tripe that was spewed forth by Mark Lane, I would (as always) be happy to relay any such message via the "Internet" airwaves.

Best regards,
David Von Pein

==============================================

Subject: Mark Lane (Addendum)
Date: 3/5/2010 10:46:42 A.M. Eastern Standard Time
From: David Von Pein
To: Rosemary Newton


------------------------------

Hi again Rosemary,

Upon listening again to the March 4th Mark Lane radio interview, I noted Lane saying:

"There is nothing in the Bugliosi book which relates to reality."

Again, I hope you were seated when you gazed upon that last Lane quote, because the idiocy within that single statement is enough to knock all reasonable people right off their feet.

Mr. Lane also referred to Tom Hanks as "a horse's ass".

And Lane also embarrassed himself further by saying this about Vincent Bugliosi and Vince's book "Reclaiming History": "He probably never even wrote the book".

It's that dreaded "ghostwriting" rumor coming back to the surface once again, I see. And this keeps cropping up occasionally, even after you yourself, Rosemary, chopped it down to size in July of 2007 when you thoroughly trashed that rumor, which was started by David Lifton in May 2007.

So, it would appear that I haven't been giving Mark Lane nearly enough credit in the past -- because he's a much bigger kook than I had originally thought he was before today.

Congratulations, Mark, on getting the promotion.

Thanks again, Rosemary, for reading my mails.

Yours truly,
David V.P.

==============================================

Subject: Mark Lane
Date: 3/5/2010 1:34:09 P.M. Eastern Standard Time
From: Rosemary Newton
To: David Von Pein


------------------------------

Hi Dave,

Thanks so much for your e-mails. Incredible! I faxed them to Vince and I'm sure he'll see the light about his erroneous slant of the assassination. Perhaps Tom Hanks (aka "a horse's ass") will too.

Regards, Rosemary

P.S. I have more patience with my six-year-old grandson.

==============================================

Subject: O.J. Simpson Trial Observations
Date: 4/8/2010 2:32:41 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time
From: David Von Pein
To: Rosemary Newton


------------------------------

Hi Rosemary,

I've recently been editing together this lengthy series of videos for my #2 YouTube channel regarding the closing arguments at the 1995 O.J. Simpson murder trial.

And while rewatching the TV trial footage (which I recorded on videotape back in '95), I thought of something that I think is quite interesting concerning the defense's allegations that were made during the trial.

I'm not sure if Vince Bugliosi, in his outstanding book "Outrage", touched on this observation or not. Perhaps he did, but I'm not positive.

Anyway, I just thought you might show this article of mine to Vince, just to see if he had any thoughts about it. Thank you. Here's the article.

Best regards always,
David Von Pein

==============================================

Subject: Re: O.J. Simpson Trial Observations
Date: 4/8/2010 6:58:05 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time
From: Rosemary Newton
To: David Von Pein


------------------------------

Hi Dave,

Thanks for your article regarding Simpson. I'll give Vince a copy of your e-mail attachments when I see him this weekend. He still isn't a computer person but I'll give him the hard copy. Right now there's a rush on his latest book which should be coming out in a couple of months.

As usual, Dave, you're on your toes and very good with the written word. Have you thought about writing a book yourself?

Thanks again,
Rosemary

==============================================

Subject: Re: O.J. Simpson Trial Observations
Date: 4/8/2010 7:07:54 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time
From: David Von Pein
To: Rosemary Newton


------------------------------

Thank you, Rosemary.

I'd love to write a book sometime [and eventually I did co-author this one], but you know the problem I would have? Since my interests are almost perfectly parallel to those of Vince Bugliosi, any book I would attempt to write on the JFK case or the O.J. case would always fall into the shadows of VB's two books on those subjects (and for good reason).

Anyway, the article I sent you about O.J. was something I don't recall anyone ever talking about specifically (not even Vince, as far as I can remember).

So I thought I'd get VB's take on the angle of: "WEREN'T THE LAPD CONSPIRATORS EXTREMELY LUCKY WHEN THE CRIME LAB CONTAMINATED THE BLOOD TO MAKE IT ALL SIMPSON'S BLOOD AT THE SAME TIME THE LAPD WAS ATTEMPTING TO FRAME THE SAME PERSON NAMED ORENTHAL?"

~grin~

As always, I appreciate your timely response to my Internet ramblings.

Many regards,
DVP

==============================================

Subject: My Reply To Jim DiEugenio's Article
Date: 4/13/2010 3:24:42 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time
From: David Von Pein
To: Rosemary Newton


------------------------------

Hi Rosemary,

Yes, it's that pest from Indiana bothering you again! :)

The conspiracy nut named James DiEugenio posted this article on his website this morning that was all about lil' ol' me (for some reason), so naturally I had to reply in kind. And I just finished my response, which I think is pretty doggone good, if I do say so myself.

And since DiEugenio decided to attack Mr. Bugliosi--yet again--in his article about me, I thought I'd send this link along, just in case Vince or you might want to have a look at how far gone DiEugenio is regarding the JFK case.

Here's the link to my rebuttal post.

Thanks, as always, for allowing me to bug you incessantly.

My best,
David Von Pein

==============================================

Subject: Re: My Reply To Jim DiEugenio's Article
Date: 4/17/2010 1:42:04 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time
From: Rosemary Newton
To: David Von Pein


------------------------------

Hi Dave,

Don't worry about bothering me incessantly. I enjoy your e-mails.

What can I say? Again, as the old saying goes, "Don't confuse me with the facts; my mind is made up."

Again, I'll reiterate, mysteries, conspiracies, who dunnits, are one hell of a lot more interesting than actual facts sometimes.

Rosemary

==============================================

Subject: Re: My Reply To Jim DiEugenio's Article
Date: 4/18/2010 12:44:55 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time
From: David Von Pein
To: Rosemary Newton


------------------------------

Hi again Rosemary (and thank you).

I wasn't going to "bother" you with the following article (which is a follow-up rebuttal to DiEugenio's never-ending tomfoolery), but since you say you enjoy these conspiracy-bashing e-mails, I think I'll send it to you now anyway.

Fasten your seat beat, Rosemary, because some of this stuff coming from Jim D. is enough to make you drop right out of your chair (from the laughter, that is):

http://jfk-archives.blogspot.com/DVP Vs. DiEugenio (Part 2)

Thanks.

David V.P.

==============================================

Subject: Possibly Something Illegal Going On Here Re: "Reclaiming History"
Date: 4/21/2010 1:13:43 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time
From: David Von Pein
To: Rosemary Newton


------------------------------

Hi Rosemary,

I'm not sending you an article of mine this time. This mail is to inform you and Vince Bugliosi about a link on the Internet that Gary Mack sent me this morning.

It's called a "Bit Torrent" link for downloading Vince's entire book "Reclaiming History" for free.

Now, I'm quite sure that Vince wouldn't approve of people being able to get his ENTIRE book for free on the Internet, so I thought I'd jot you this FYI mail.

What the "torrent" thing means is that different people on different computers can access small snatches or "bits" of the file (in this case, VB's whole book) and then save those files to their computers for free. Eventually, all of the "bits" add up to the entire book.

Here's the link:

XXXXXX [Link deleted.]

Just wanted you and Vince to know.

DVP

==============================================

Subject: Re: Possibly Something Illegal Going On Here Re: "Reclaiming History"
Date: 4/22/2010 7:07:22 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time
From: Rosemary Newton
To: David Von Pein


------------------------------

Hi Dave,

I sent a copy of your e-mail to Vince regarding the above subject; I was asked by Vince to send a copy to the publisher which I did today. Does this mean any book can be put on the internet for free? Are there any guidelines?

Regards, Rosemary

==============================================

Subject: Re: Possibly Something Illegal Going On Here Re: "Reclaiming History"
Date: 4/22/2010 7:12:05 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time
From: David Von Pein
To: Rosemary Newton


------------------------------

I really have no idea, Rosemary.

Some publishers and authors have possibly given permission for their complete books to be put on the Internet, but I don't have any information on that.

DVP

==============================================

Subject: What Most People Are Saying About "Reclaiming History"
Date: 4/29/2010 6:29:08 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time
From: David Von Pein
To: Rosemary Newton


------------------------------

Hi Rosemary,

I thought you and Vince B. might like to know what the majority of regular people (not counting the silly conspiracy kooks who occupy Internet forums) are saying about "Reclaiming History":

JFKAssassinationForum.com/index.php/topic,2344.0.html

[Note --- The above link doesn't work any longer, due to the complete crash of Duncan MacRae's "JFK Assassination Forum" in early January of 2018. Sorry.]

Regards,
David V.P.

==============================================

Subject: Re: What Most People Are Saying About "Reclaiming History"
Date: 4/30/2010 12:44:40 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time
From: Rosemary Newton
To: David Von Pein


------------------------------

Hi Dave,

Thanks so much!

Regards, Rosemary

==============================================

Subject: Critiquing Another JFK Conspiracy Kook
Date: 6/26/2010 12:47:15 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time
From: David Von Pein
To: Rosemary Newton


------------------------------

Hello Rosemary!

I just completed the article linked below, which is all about one of the latest silly conspiracy books to be published, and I thought you and/or Vince might like to have a look at it. It's not really a book review, but instead it's a review of some of the author's ridiculous theories, which he talked about during a radio interview this week.

This article is contained within a new "JFK Archives" blog I recently started up. I'm moving most of my older JFK articles to this new "Archives" blog. They look a lot nicer in there, with the ability to add hyperlinks and pictures and videos in each post, etc.

Here's the newest article, about a certain conspiracy author named Orlando Martin (perhaps Vince has heard of him):

http://JFK-Archives.blogspot.com/2010/06/orlando-martin.html

Thanks for allowing me to bother you (and Vince) once again. I always enjoy dashing off an e-mail to you.

And if anyone needs any help of any sort on the HBO mini-series, I'm always eager to lend a hand, or an article, or a video or audio clip, or anything. I'd very much enjoy being part of that landmark Tom Hanks' HBO project--even in the smallest of "Internet" ways.

Best Regards Always,
David Von Pein

==============================================

Subject: Re: Critiquing Another JFK Conspiracy Kook
Date: 6/27/2010 12:51:21 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time
From: Rosemary Newton
To: David Von Pein


------------------------------

Hi Dave,

It was good hearing from you again. I printed your article for Vince (which I know he'll appreciate) and will give it to him tomorrow.

I guess the "conspiracy" theory regarding JFK's death will go on ad infinitum. True (?) crime books sell. In reality, people, such as yourself, deprive others of making money who write "fictional" true crime books. (Logic be hanged) Enough said!

As I've said before, Dave, keep up the good work!

Regards, Rosemary

==============================================

Subject: Another Attack Against "Reclaiming History"
Date: 8/24/2010 4:25:12 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time
From: David Von Pein
To: Rosemary Newton


------------------------------

Hi Rosemary,

I recently re-joined a JFK group on the Internet at The Education Forum, and so did conspiracy theorist James DiEugenio, with DiEugenio continuing his non-stop attack against Vincent Bugliosi's book "Reclaiming History".

I thought Mr. Bugliosi might want to see these attacks against his work, plus my replies. I've responded to some of the attacks, but not nearly all of them, as DiEugenio's crackpottery and list of complaints about Vince's book seem to be pretty much never-ending.

So, if there was any way to present to Mr. Bugliosi the forum thread linked below in its entirety (so he can read all of it), I thought it might be a good idea.

And if Vince has any kind of a formal reply to make to DiEugenio regarding his criticism of "Reclaiming History", I would be more than happy to place such a reply on the Internet.

As can be seen at the link below, the conspiracy nuts just never seem to give up. Sadly, their zest and zeal to find a conspiracy in the JFK case is just as strong as ever. And just to remind you and Vince -- DiEugenio is one of those silly people who actually believes Lee Harvey Oswald was completely innocent of shooting BOTH John F. Kennedy and J.D. Tippit.

So, whether Mr. Bugliosi feels it's even worth responding to such an "Anybody But Oswald" type of conspiracy theorist, I cannot say. However, in an abbreviated form in his book, Vince has, in effect, responded to DiEugenio already, with these very appropriate words:

"I can tell the readers of this book that if anyone in the future maintains to them that Oswald was just a patsy and did not kill Kennedy, that person is either unaware of the evidence against Oswald or simply a very silly person. ... Any denial of Oswald's guilt is not worthy of serious discussion." -- Vincent Bugliosi; Page 969 of "Reclaiming History"

But, Rosemary, I thought I'd send along this Education Forum link anyway, because in 2007 you did tell me that Vince wanted to be kept informed of the latest stuff that's being written on the Internet. So here it is:

http://EducationForum.com/topic=16450

My best regards,
David Von Pein

==============================================

Subject: "The Saga Of Anti-Reclaiming History"
Date: 8/25/2010 2:28:53 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time
From: Rosemary Newton
To: David Von Pein


------------------------------

Hi Dave,

Again, what can I say? You either get it (logic) or you don't. My feeling is still that belief in a conspiracy in his death is still more exciting than "just the plain old facts". I sincerely doubt that in the generations to come schools will be teaching the "conspiracy theory" regarding the assassination. They may briefly mention (with a smile on their face) that there were people who believed there was a conspiracy.

Dave, it was good hearing from you again. I'll be giving Vince copies when I see him later this week. Again, please keep in touch and stay cool.

Regards, Rosemary

==============================================

Subject: The Latest From Delusional DiEugenio
Date: 10/11/2010 4:41:32 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time
From: David Von Pein
To: Rosemary Newton


------------------------------

Hi again Rosemary,

I just wanted to share with you (and Vince Bugliosi) my latest battle with kooky conspiracy theorist James DiEugenio, who says he's going to finally be wrapping up his 2-year-long, 11-part review of "Reclaiming History" sometime in the near future.

Once again, Rosemary, I want to reiterate this: If Mr. Bugliosi ever wants to put pencil to paper and write out a reply to some of DiEugenio's crap, I shall be more than happy to act as Vincent's online messenger and post any message he writes on the Internet.

Here's the latest link (it's not very long; not nearly as long as the last multi-page fray I sent you; this one is just a short battle with the conspiracy kook).

Thanks. And take care.

Regards,
David Von Pein

==============================================

Subject: Re: The Latest From Delusional DiEugenio
Date: 10/11/2010 9:31:06 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time
From: Rosemary Newton
To: David Von Pein


------------------------------

Hi Dave,

Thanks so much for your e-mail which I have faxed to Vince.

I always enjoy hearing from you regarding the "others" from the planet "Silliness." I still believe that there are many people (even those with high IQ's) who subscribe to the "Don't confuse me with the facts, my mind is made up" theory. Maybe it's just pure stubbornness - you know, "like a mule."

Anyway, Dave, keep a stiff upper lip and your blood pressure down. And continue to keep in touch!

Regards, Rosemary

==============================================

Subject: The Secret Service And "Four Days In November"
Date: 10/25/2010 3:45:20 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time
From: David Von Pein
To: Rosemary Newton


------------------------------

Hi Rosemary and Vince,

I hope you don't mind another e-mail from your favorite pest in the Hoosier state, but I have a question (and a little info) for Vince Bugliosi.

I ran across a video on YouTube the other day in which Vince was being surrounded by a bunch of scary-looking conspiracy kooks following one of Vince's personal appearances in November of 2009, and the kooks were talking to Vince about the so-called "Secret Service standdown" that many conspiracy theorists think took place in Dallas on 11/22/63. [HERE'S the video in question.]

Vince didn't seem to be aware of what the kooks were talking about, but the "standdown" crap is nothing more than another in a long line of conspiracy-flavored myths that have sprouted legs since JFK's death.

The kooks were referring to an incident that occurred at Love Field just as JFK's motorcade was getting underway. A Secret Service agent was running alongside JFK's limousine for a short time just as the car started to move at Love Field, and then the agent was called back away from the car by Emory Roberts, who was seated in the SS follow-up car.

The SS agent then throws his hands out to his side in apparent bewilderment and shrugs his shoulders as the motorcade leaves him behind [see the photo below]. This was all caught on videotape by WFAA-TV [full video here].



Many conspiracy theorists want to believe that the "shrugging agent" incident at Love Field is proof that Secret Service agents were ordered to "stand down" just before the assassination. But when assessing the incident more carefully, such an accusation of Secret Service complicity is just total nonsense.

For one thing, we know that even if the agent in question had remained with the motorcade after the cars left Love Field, there's no way in the world he would have been running alongside Kennedy's limo throughout the entire lengthy trip through Dallas.

Plus there's the fact that JFK's motorcade in Dallas was really no different whatsoever from many other pre-November 22 Kennedy motorcades from the standpoint of Secret Service protection for the President.

Many times on the Internet, I have posted photos of pre-Nov. 22 motorcades which show no SS agents on the bumpers of Kennedy's car at all; and in some of the pictures I've seen, there are no police motorcycles anywhere in sight at all! And yet the conspiracy kooks think the Dallas motorcade was totally unique as far as Secret Service protection goes. But that's just another lie the theorists like to tell.

For more information about the Secret Service incident at Love Field, go to the links HERE, HERE, and HERE.

My question for Mr. Bugliosi is this:

Has Vince ever seen the outstanding 1964 documentary film made by famed producer David L. Wolper, entitled "Four Days In November"? (Ironically, the movie has the exact same title as the first chapter in Vince's book "Reclaiming History" and the same title as Vince's stand-alone paperback volume that came out in 2008.)

If Vince has not seen that movie, I think he would enjoy it very much, because the Wolper film is a perfect video companion piece to "Reclaiming History".

The movie fully supports the Warren Commission's "lone assassin" conclusions, and it does so in great style (and by relying on the actual evidence in the case, instead of using shadowy conjecture and myths that are employed by most conspiracy theorists).

The film also includes exemplary narration by actor Richard Basehart and an unbeatable music score by the great Elmer Bernstein.

One of the reasons I think Vince likely has never seen Wolper's "Four Days" film is because the movie is not mentioned in "Reclaiming History" at all. And that surprised me (just a little), mainly because of the re-creation scenes that Wolper did with some of the key witnesses connected with the assassination, which really serve as extra "testimony" (in a sense) that Vince could have utilized to buttress some of his arguments in his book.

Wolper did re-enactment scenes and conducted brief interviews with Buell Wesley Frazier, Linnie Mae Randle, William Whaley, and Johnny Brewer. And these re-creations were filmed BEFORE the Warren Commission had even finished its work, because the film (remarkably) made its premiere in theaters just a few days after LBJ was handed the completed Warren Report.

Anyway, I was just curious if Mr. Bugliosi was aware of the existence of that David Wolper movie, which, by the way, is the best documentary, by far, I have ever seen regarding JFK's assassination.

The entire 2-hour film can be viewed at my blog that I created especially for that motion picture. Here's the link:



I know that Vince doesn't use a computer very often, so he likely won't have much use for the above blog link, but I can also easily mail him a DVD of the film if he would like me to do so. I'd be very happy to supply him with a DVD copy.

BTW, the WFAA-TV footage showing the shrugging Secret Service agent at Love Field is included, in uncut form, in the "Four Days" film.

I'm done now. Thanks for reading another lengthy e-mail of mine. And take care--both of you.

Best regards,
David Von Pein

==============================================

Subject: Re: The Secret Service And "Four Days In November"
Date: 10/29/2010 2:36:36 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time
From: Rosemary Newton
To: David Von Pein


------------------------------

Hi Dave,

Vince called me today and told me he'll respond to your e-mail regarding "The Secret Service & Four Days in November" shortly. He's presently tied up with his latest book and publishers, but continue sending any info regarding "Four Days in November."

Hope all is well with you.

Regards, Rosemary

==============================================

Subject: Re: The Secret Service And "Four Days In November"
Date: 10/30/2010 9:44:53 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time
From: Rosemary Newton
To: David Von Pein


------------------------------

Hi Dave,

Attached is a note to you from Vince.

Regards, Rosemary

[Quoting from the note written by Vincent Bugliosi:]

October 30, 2010

Dear Dave,

The reason for my late response to your e-mail of October 25, 2010, is that, per usual, I am extremely busy, presently working on the completion of my book on agnosticism, and am weeks behind in answering my correspondence.

This “standdown” issue is something I’ve never heard of before and don’t recall its ever being referred to in any book on the assassination I’ve read, even, if I recall correctly, Vince Palamara’s book on the Secret Service.

About David Wolper’s documentary, I am well aware of it (David himself told me about it at a time when he wanted to make a documentary out of the yet-untitled book I was writing on the assassination) as well as its good reputation. My guess is that I have it among the hundreds of videos on the assassination I have that are not in any order of any kind. If I do a second edition of Reclaiming History, I’ll look for it, and if I don’t have it I’ll take you up on your offer to send me a copy.

Till then, keep up the great work, Dave, in keeping the flame of truth in the assassination alive. I can’t thank you enough for all you’re doing, and continue to look forward to meeting you some day.

Your friend,
Vince Bugliosi

==============================================

Subject: Re: Last Letter From Vince To DVP
Date: 11/1/2010 3:29:34 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time
From: David Von Pein
To: Rosemary Newton


------------------------------

Thank you, Rosemary. I appreciate your sending Vince's letter in your last e-mail.

[...]

Footnote -- Has Vince got TWO more books coming out soon? I know he's been working on a "book of essays" (to quote Vince from his 2007 radio interviews). And he said in his last letter that he's working on a book about agnosticism. Or is the latter a part of the "essays" book? Just curious.

Thank you again, Rosemary, for your e-mails. I always enjoy seeing a "Rosemary" letter in my inbox. :)

Best regards always,
David Von Pein

==============================================

Subject: Essay Book
Date: 11/2/2010 11:43:33 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time
From: Rosemary Newton
To: David Von Pein


------------------------------

Hi Dave,

To answer your question about Vince's book of essays, "agnosticism" will be a book by itself. I know that I, personally, learned more about religion and the bible while working on his book. It's extremely interesting and well-researched.

Apropos to "religion & godliness", I'll be leaving in a couple of days for sin city (Las Vegas) to visit my brother. And, of course, I won't gamble. (Ha)

Regards, Rosemary

==============================================

Subject: Mark Lane
Date: 11/26/2010 8:23:56 A.M. Eastern Standard Time
From: David Von Pein
To: Rosemary Newton


------------------------------

Hi Rosemary and Vince,

I was just now listening to JFK conspiracy theorist Mark Lane on the Internet radio show "Black Op Radio" (linked at the bottom of this e-mail), and Lane was talking about a new documentary that he has just completed that will be coming out soon ("A Rush To Judgment"), plus he also took the opportunity to drag Vince Bugliosi and "Reclaiming History" through the mud again (he now does that on all radio shows he appears on).

Lane, of course, was telling the Black Op audience how horrible Vincent's book is and about how Vince "knows nothing about the Kennedy assassination" (which is actually a Lane quote from earlier in 2010, but yes, he actually had the gonads to utter those silly words on the air).

And there was also another statement made by Mark Lane on November 25, 2010, that I thought Mr. Bugliosi might like to be made aware of (and I want to also say that it's not the first time that Lane has said this; I recall Lane saying this on at least one or two occasions prior to his recent Nov. 25th radio appearance too):

Lane said, in effect, that Bugliosi was a liar when it comes to EVERY SINGLE QUOTE that Vince attributes to Dr. Cyril H. Wecht on pages 861-864 of "Reclaiming History" (in the chapter entited "A Conversation With Dr. Cyril Wecht").

Lane said that he had spoken with Dr. Wecht since "Reclaiming History" was published in 2007, and Lane said that Wecht told him that the ONLY part of that chapter of Vince's book that is accurate is the part where Vince says he talked with Wecht by telephone on December 14, 1999, and again on January 5, 2000. Everything else in that chapter (as far as the direct quotes that Vince attributes to Dr. Wecht) is 100% incorrect and a lie, according to what Wecht told Mark Lane.

I, of course, wouldn't believe much of anything that Mark Lane said about the Kennedy case (even if I had a shotgun pointed at my head and was being forced to swallow his "CIA Killed Kennedy" bullshit). Therefore, I do not place one ounce of credence in Lane's comments about Mr. Bugliosi's chapter on Dr. Wecht.

But, nevertheless, I thought that Vince might want to be made aware of some of the nonsense that people like Mark Lane are spreading around the Internet about him.

And my offer still stands to post any response that Vincent Bugliosi might have to any of the negative things that have been said about him on the Internet by any of the various conspiracy kooks (including Mark Lane, Jim DiEugenio, and Robert Groden).

I would be more than happy to print any rebuttal that Vince might choose to make to combat these nutcases who are attempting to besmirch him and his book "Reclaiming History".

Thank you.

HERE is the 11/25/10 "Black Op Radio" segment with Mark Lane.

My best regards,
David Von Pein

==============================================

Subject: Re: Mark Lane
Date: 11/28/2010 1:35:45 P.M. Eastern Standard Time
From: Rosemary Newton
To: David Von Pein


------------------------------

Hi Dave,

I hope you had a good holiday. Personally, I can't wait until January 2nd when they're over.

Regarding your e-mail, I faxed this to Vince. All I can say is that, hopefully, future generations will be able to discern between the facts of the assassination or the theories that are just downright silly, unsubstantiated, and maybe(?) wishful thinking.

If Lincoln had been shot in the 20th century under the same circumstances, there would still be those who would question (even with enough evidence) the "facts" of who shot him. Sherlock Holmes they are not!!

Regards, Rosemary

==============================================

Subject: Question About "Reclaiming History" Website
Date: 3/2/2011 2:37:30 P.M. Eastern Standard Time
From: David Von Pein
To: Rosemary Newton


------------------------------

Hi Rosemary,

How are you, my friend?

I had a question about the website for Vince's book "Reclaiming History":

All of the videos on that website are now dead [and the entire website is now gone too; here is a snapshot of what the site looked like in 2009]. The embed code for the videos has changed recently and the old embedded videos will no longer play.

I've had the same problem with those videos at my own websites too, and I have used other means to put them on my sites and keep them functioning.

But I have a feeling that whoever is in charge of maintaining the "Reclaiming History" website probably doesn't check in with that site very much any more since the book came out almost 4 years ago.

My question is: Do you have any idea who the person (or company) is that runs and maintains that "RH" website? Is it, by chance, W.W. Norton themselves?

I just wanted to inform whoever is in charge of the site that they've got dead videos on there, and I could easily provide the embed codes from FORA.tv for the newer embed versions that would make those videos play again. (Of course, anyone else can also grab the codes at the FORA.tv site.)

Thank you for your time. And take care.

Regards,
David Von Pein

P.S. -- I recently gave my main #1 JFK website a brand-new look and a facelift, which includes tons and tons of links to JFK material, plus a good-sized "Vincent Bugliosi" section too (which was on the old version of the site as well, but now it's all included on the site's main page).

So, if you know some people who might be interested, maybe you could give them this link. I'm always trying to build up a larger audience for my sites/blogs, so I thought I'd send you this link to my revised site:

http://DavidVonPein.blogspot.com

==============================================

Subject: Reclaiming History
Date: 3/3/2011 12:37:09 P.M. Eastern Standard Time
From: Rosemary Newton
To: David Von Pein


------------------------------

Hi Dave,

It was good hearing from you again. I was out most of the day yesterday and sent Vince your e-mail this morning regarding videos on the website for "Reclaiming History."

As to your question, I have no idea who runs the website. My guess is everything runs its course. I wish I was as computer literate as you are where you mentioned FORA.tv. If I get any information regarding this, I'll let you know. I hope all is well with you.

Regards, Rosemary

==============================================

Subject: Reclaiming History
Date: 3/5/2011 2:26:14 P.M. Eastern Standard Time
From: Rosemary Newton
To: David Von Pein


------------------------------

Hi Dave,

Vince's editor at Norton isn't sure who keeps up the web site for "Reclaiming History." He said he'll check and get back to Vince (which I'll let you know). Vince also said he appreciates what you're doing. Again, thanks for your input and information.

Regards, Rosemary

==============================================

Subject: Reclaiming History
Date: 3/14/2011 7:53:45 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time
From: Rosemary Newton
To: David Von Pein


------------------------------

Hi Dave,

In response to your e-mail of March 2 regarding the website for "Reclaiming History," Vince asked me to tell you that it's a W.W. Norton website and is typical they don't keep it up after a few years. However, Star Lawrence told him they will almost undoubtedly reactivate it at the time of Tom Hanks' documentary. I'm really looking forward to this series as I'm sure you are also. In the meantime, keep in touch and also the great work regarding this subject.

Regards, Rosemary

==============================================

Subject: More Silliness From JFK Conspiracists
Date: 3/27/2011 2:22:44 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time
From: David Von Pein
To: Rosemary Newton


------------------------------

Hi Rosemary,

I wanted to share this latest article I posted, in response to the lunatic theories about Oswald's revolver espoused by conspiracy theorist Jim DiEugenio. I thought you and Vince might get a chuckle or two out of it. I certainly did:

http://jfk-archives.blogspot.com/DVP Vs. DiEugenio (Part 66)

David V.P.

==============================================

Subject: Request From JFK Researcher
Date: 12/2/2012 8:27:24 P.M. Eastern Standard Time
From: David Von Pein
To: Rosemary Newton


------------------------------

Hi Rosemary,

How are you?

I'm writing today on behalf of a French JFK researcher, Francois Carlier, who wants to interview Vince Bugliosi for an upcoming JFK documentary he is making. He tried writing, but received no response. So he asked me if I would give it a try.

If you could forward the request to Vince, Francois would appreciate it.

Thank you.

Regards,
David Von Pein

==============================================

Subject: Re: Request From JFK Researcher
Date: 12/5/2012 6:28:34 P.M. Eastern Standard Time
From: Rosemary Newton
To: David Von Pein


------------------------------

Hi Dave,

It's been quite a while since we e-mailed each other. It was good hearing from you. I faxed your e-mail to Vince yesterday and spoke to him this morning. He said to give you his regards.

Anyway, he suggested that you contact his agent, Peter Miller, telephone number is XXX-XXX-XXXX. You may want to check him out on the internet. I was in contact with him for a couple of Vince's books awhile back and I hope something materializes out of this contact.

Anyway, keep in touch.

Regards, Rosemary

==============================================

Subject: Re: Follow-Up From DVP In Indiana
Date: 12/5/2012 10:13:16 P.M. Eastern Standard Time
From: David Von Pein
To: Rosemary Newton


------------------------------

Hi again Rosemary,

Thanks for your latest mail. I'll pass the info along to the French researcher who was seeking the information.

My best regards right back to Vince B. too. I continue to reference and re-read portions of "Reclaiming History" on a regular basis. It will stand forever, in my opinion, as the quintessential book on the JFK case.

I heard rumors early this year that Vince was in bad health. Is that correct? I'm hoping it's not true and that Vince is okay.

BTW, I myself am in the process of helping a JFK researcher (Mel Ayton) co-author a revised version of his 2002 book on the JFK assassination. I'm not 100% sure it will get published, but since Mel's first edition was published in the U.K., I have high hopes for this new edition finding a publisher in the USA. Hopefully, I can have the publisher send copies to both you and Vince once (or if) it does get released.

Happy Holidays to you. (And to Vince and family as well.)

Best regards always,
David Von Pein

==============================================

Subject: Greetings From DVP In Indiana
Date: 11/1/2013 12:24:51 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time
From: David Von Pein
To: Rosemary Newton


------------------------------

Hello Rosemary (and Vince),

It's been a long time between "Hellos", so I thought I'd shoot you an e-mail today, prompted mainly by my discovery of two new Vince Bugliosi interviews that I found on the Web recently -- one done by KCAL and this radio interview Vince did with Tavis Smiley on October 16.

I was so pleased to see Vince is well enough (considering his health problems) to do interviews again. That's great to see. And, as you might know, I am always wanting to archive all of Vincent's interviews on my own websites [e.g., at Vincent-Bugliosi.blogspot.com], so I was glad to see some being done for the approaching 50th anniversary of the assassination (and to promote the film "Parkland").

If you have a list of any additional appearances by Vince on radio or TV, perhaps you can drop me a line to let me know the stations and dates of where and when he will be appearing. I'd like to archive them all if possible. My Internet Google searches for such things usually produce some good results (like with the Tavis Smiley program, for example), but if I can get a list directly from you or Vince---that's even better. Thank you.

My best to you and Vince, as always.

David Von Pein

==============================================

Subject: Re: Greetings From DVP In Indiana
Date: 11/5/2013 3:03:02 P.M. Eastern Standard Time
From: Rosemary Newton
To: David Von Pein


------------------------------

Hi Dave,

It's been awhile since we corresponded. Hope everything is great with you.

This past year I have rarely seen Vince (mostly mailings back and forth). I sent him your request and will get back to you with the info as soon as I receive it.

It was good hearing from you.

Regards, Rosemary

==============================================

Subject: New JFK Book By DVP
Date: 2/5/2015 12:40:11 A.M. Eastern Standard Time
From: David Von Pein
To: Rosemary Newton


------------------------------

Hello Rosemary,

I haven't written to you or Vince for quite some time, and now seems like a good time to drop you a note --- and this time to plug my own book on the JFK assassination. (How 'bout that?!)

For the past two years, I've been helping British author Mel Ayton write the book "Beyond Reasonable Doubt: The Warren Report And Lee Harvey Oswald's Guilt And Motive 50 Years On".

It was supposed to come out in September 2014, to coincide with the 50th anniversary of the release of the Warren Commission Report, but we had some unexpected snafus and delays, which pushed it back a few months. It finally was released in mid-December 2014 and can now be purchased online at Amazon and Barnes & Noble. An e-book is coming soon, too.

So, I just wanted to let you and Vincent know that I have now proudly joined Vince as an author of an "Oswald Did It" publication. It's not nearly as detailed as "Reclaiming History" (no book could possibly be), but Mel and I want our new book to be looked upon as a kind of "condensed" lone-assassin volume that can complement and augment Vincent's massive work. We speak very highly of "Reclaiming History" in this new book too (of course).

Here's a link all about the book on my website. I hope you (and maybe Mr. Bugliosi too) can have a look....

JFK-Archives.blogspot.com/"Beyond Reasonable Doubt" Book Page

And here's the Amazon link.

I hope everything's going good for you in California.

My very best,
David Von Pein


[NOTE -- I never received a response to the e-mail I sent to Rosemary on February 5, 2015. Mr. Bugliosi passed away on June 6, 2015.]


================================


MORE LETTERS & E-MAILS:





================================


ALSO SEE: