JFK ASSASSINATION ARGUMENTS
(PART 351)


WALTER CAKEBREAD SAID:

I'll wager any sum you'd like to wager that I know more about firearms than you.


DAVID R. VON PEIN SAID:

Walt, I have no doubt at all that even a conspiracy kook like you knows a lot more about firearms than me. Heck, a dead fish probably knows more about firearms than I do.

I've never fired a gun (any gun) in my entire 46+ years on this planet....and I never will (if I can help it). I've never even held a firearm in my hands.

But "detailed firearms knowledge" wasn't the point of my recent dictionary posts. I know my limitations when it comes to most arguments. My "carbine" point was to merely clarify a misunderstanding that many people seem to carry with them regarding the LITERAL MEANING (and synonyms) of the word "carbine". And "carbine" equates to "rifle". Period. And there's nothing that any of the conspiracy theorists can do to change what it says in every dictionary I've recently looked at when looking up the word "carbine".

"Carbine" = A type of "Rifle". In every dictionary I've looked at. Period.

DEFINITION REPLAY.......

Via Random House Dictionary:

CARBINE:
1. a light, gas-operated semiautomatic rifle.
2. (formerly) a short rifle used in the cavalry.


Via American Heritage Dictionary:

CARBINE:
n. A lightweight rifle with a short barrel.


Via WordNet:

CARBINE:
noun: light automatic rifle


Via Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary:

CARBINE:
n. A short, light musket or rifle, esp. one used by mounted soldiers
or cavalry.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/carbine

David Von Pein
October 17, 2008